This satisfyingly creamy pasta recipe is packed with smoky bacon, mushrooms and a rich Gorgonzola sauce. Finished off with a sprinkling of toasted walnuts for added bite, this indulgent pasta dish is the perfect supper for a relaxing evening at home.
- Rehydrate the dried mixed mushrooms in 150ml boiling water. Soak for 10 mins, then drain, reserving the liquid.
- Meanwhile, place the bacon under the grill on a medium heat and cook for 5-7 mins, until crispy. Chop into large pieces and set aside.
- Heat a large dry frying pan, add the walnuts and cook, tossing for 2-3 mins, until lightly toasted. Remove and set aside.
- Wipe the frying pan with a paper towel. Heat the oil, add the onion and cook for 5 mins until softened and just starting to brown. Add the garlic, chestnut mushrooms and drained mixed mushrooms. Cook for 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add the reserved soaking liquid, cook, stirring continuously for 1 min, and then add the cream and Gorgonzola. Bring to a simmer, stirring, and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Place the tagliatelle in a large bowl and pour over boiling water. Use a fork to separate the strands. Drain and stir through the mushroom mix along with the bacon and most of the parsley. Heat through for 1-2 mins.
- Divide between 4 plates or bowls, sprinkle over the toasted walnuts and garnish with the remaining parsley. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
See more Pasta recipes
As part of a healthy balanced diet, we recommend this recipe for a special occasion or treat.