A simple recipe that gives the kids a chance to get stuck in with the mixing and learn the basics of piping; what’s more these madeleines taste heavenly! You will need a madeleines tray for this recipe.
- Combine the eggs, muscovado sugar, caster sugar and salt in a bowl. Kids can get involved here while you get on with melting the butter for step 3.
- Pass the baking powder and flour through a sieve into the same bowl. Fold gently, being careful not to overwork.
- Place a small pan over a low heat and slowly melt together the butter and honey, then pour into the sponge mix, stirring continuously to incorporate. Leave the mixture to rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to gas 3, 160°C, fan 140°C.
- When the mixture has cooled, with the help of your little ones, spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm nozzle. Pipe the mixture into the moulds and bake for 10-15 minutes until light golden brown. If you don’t have a piping bag you can simply use a teaspoon to gently spoon a little mixture into the moulds.
- Remove from the oven, set aside to cool a little then, if you wish, drizzle with a little more honey before serving.
See more Baking with kids recipes