Haricot bean and chorizo soup recipe
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 100g chorizo, sliced
- 1 x 200g can sweetcorn, drained
- 1 x 400g can haricot or red kidney beans, drained
- 2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 300ml chicken or vegetable stock
If you don't have these beans, you can use any tinned bean in water
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the onion, garlic and carrots until softened. Add the chorizo and fry until the fat starts to render out and the sausage starts to crisp. Remove the chorizo with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Stir in the sweetcorn, beans, tomatoes, tomato puree and paprika and about half the stock. Season and bring to a simmer. Simmer for around 20 minutes until thickened and the flavour has intensified. Add a little more stock if it is too thick. Add the chorizo back to the soup and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
See more Spanish recipes
This recipe is perfect for making in large batches and freezing to use at a later date.
In order to enjoy optimum flavour and quality, frozen items are best used within 3 months of their freezing date.
Always defrost and heat thoroughly before eating. Never re-freeze food that has already been frozen; this includes raw and cooked ingredients such as meat, fish and poultry.
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.