Jamie's simple salmon stir-fry recipe
Jamie says: "Stir-fries are a total midweek saviour. I'm hero-ing salmon here with a little help from crunchy sesame, fresh lime and chilli and a handy stir-fry veg pack." See method
- 200g fine egg noodles
- 2 fresh red chillies
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 4 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 2 limes
- 2 x 260g packs salmon fillets, skin-on, pin-boned
- olive oil
- 2 pak choi
- 320g pack stir-fry veg
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Cook the noodles to pack instructions while you deseed and finely chop the chillies. Lightly toast the sesame seeds in a dry non-stick frying pan on a medium heat, then tip onto a plate. Make a dressing with the teriyaki sauce, half of the chillies and the juice of 1 lime. Drain the noodles, refresh under cold water and set aside.
- Place the salmon on a board, skin side up, and carefully pull away the skin. Cut each fillet into 4 chunks and season with sea salt and black pepper. Put the sesame seed pan back on a medium heat with ½ tbsp olive oil. Add the salmon skin and cook for a couple of mins until crispy and golden on both sides, then remove to a plate. Add the salmon chunks and cook for 4 mins until golden on all sides, then remove to a plate, brush with a little teriyaki dressing and roll in the toasted sesame seeds.
- Meanwhile, place another large non-stick frying pan or wok on a medium-high heat with ½ tbsp olive oil. Finely shred the pak choi. Add the stir-fry veg and pak choi to the hot pan and stir-fry for 3 mins, adding the noodles for a final min to reheat. Turn the heat off, pour over the remaining dressing and toss well.
- Divide the veg and noodles between the plates, sit the salmon chunks on top and break over the crispy salmon skin. Scatter with the remaining chilli and serve with a squeeze of lime.
See more Jamie Oliver recipes