Potato chips and ketchup or mayonnaise are a rather typical combination, but here Marcello Tully shakes things up by using sweet potato to make the chips. The mango crème fraîche is an interesting dipping sauce, while the Parmesan sprinkled over the top adds a snowy feel to the dish.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 180°C, fan 160°C.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into large wedges.
- Place the chips in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring the pan to the boil and allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Drain the pan.
- Arrange the sweet potato chips on a baking tray. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt before gently tossing the chips to coat them in the oil. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the chips are golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, hand the responsibility of the mango crème fraîche to the kids. All they have to do is pour the mango chutney and crème fraîche into a bowl and stir until they are well combined.
- Line a ramekin with kitchen roll and once the chips are cooked, stack them in the ramekin.
- Sprinkle the grated Parmesan over the chips, and serve alongside the mango crème fraîche.
See more Easy recipes for kids