Pineapple kebabs make for a healthier treat than regular kebabs, and children will enjoy getting involved with the making (and eating) of this lovely dessert.
- Begin by topping and tailing the pineapple. Then remove the skin and cut into quarters, lengthways. Remove its hard core and cut the flesh into 2cm chunks.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of granulated sugar over the pineapple and caramelise under a hot grill, turning it once while it cooks
- Once caramelised, leave to cool then skewer the pineapple chunks and set aside.
- Now make the lime crème fraîche. Add a spoonful of water and sugar to the pan, add the grated lime zest and heat until it boils.
- Once you are left with a syrup, take off the heat and leave to cool. Then, stir in the lime juice and crème fraîche
- Toast the desiccated coconut in a hot pan with no oil until light brown.
- Serve the pineapple kebabs with the lime crème fraîche and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
See more Summer dessert recipes