A lovely savoury muffin, perfect for a bit of weekend baking with the kids.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Grease a 12-hole muffin tin.
- Put the cumin seeds in a dry frying pan and cook over a low heat for 1-2 minutes, until lightly toasted.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, semolina, baking powder, cumin seeds and cheese. Season well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with sundried tomatoes, herbs, sweetcorn, oil and milk. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Divide the muffin mixture between the muffin-tin holes and bake for 15-20 minutes, until risen and golden (or until a skewer comes out clean). Leave to cool a little and serve warm.
You can freeze muffins in an airtight container, for up to a month. They can be stored in an airtight container in a cool dark place for 2-3 days – after this time they will not be as fresh.
See more Baking recipes