Pimm's and lemonade jelly recipe
Serve your dinner party guests a sweet al fresco treat with these boozy jellies. They are loaded with fresh strawberries, refreshing Pimm's and lemonade and topped off with a serving of vanilla ice cream. See method
- 4 leaves of gelatine
- 100ml (3 1/2fl oz) Pimm’s
- 300ml (10oz) lemonade
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 100g (3oz) strawberries, chopped
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Soak the gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes or until it begins to soften. Meanwhile, in a small pan, gently heat the Pimm’s until it is very warm but not too hot to touch. Squeeze out the gelatine leaves and add to the Pimm’s. Stir until dissolved then add the lemonade and lemon juice.
- Rinse 8 jelly moulds with water and keep them slightly wet inside. Add the strawberries to the jelly and then divide a third of the liquid between the jelly moulds. Put them in the fridge and allow to set.
- Stir the remaining liquid occasionally to keep it from setting and then repeat the above step twice more until all the jelly is used up. This gradual method helps the distribution of fruit through the jelly. Leave the jellies in the fridge to chill completely. To serve, gently heat each jelly mould by placing it into warm water until the jelly loosens. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
See more Dessert recipes