Pork, celeriac and apple bake recipe
Rustle up this easy pork recipe to share on chilly nights. The pork pairs beautifully with the crisp apple and sweet celeriac, leaving your home filled with amazing aromas. See method
- ½ celeriac head
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and thinly sliced (no need to peel)
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 2 pork chops
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Cut the celeriac in half and place it cut-side down on a chopping board. Use a knife to cut off the peel, then cut in half again and slice the celeriac as thinly as you can – the thinner it is, the quicker it will cook.
- Pour 1 tbsp olive oil on to a baking tray and layer the celeriac all over its base. Scatter the sliced garlic and lemon zest, season and then layer the apple slices on top.
- Scrunch up the rosemary sprigs in your hands to release the oils and scatter them around the apples. Place the pork chops on top of the apples and season again with salt and pepper. Pour over the rest of the oil. Cook for 25-30 mins or until the celeriac is soft and the pork is cooked through.
See more Pork recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.