Roast a tray of veg with garlic and rosemary and serve alongside these juicy, citrus and herb-marinated pork chops. This simple pork chops recipe is the perfect, comforting dinner for two.
- Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C. Put the potatoes in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes to soften.
- Drain the potatoes and put in a roasting tin with the peppers, rosemary, garlic and 1 tbsp of the oil. Season and toss together. Roast for 35-40 minutes, removing the garlic when soft.
- Meanwhile, score the fat of the pork chops and put in a shallow bowl. Add the remaining oil, the lemon juice and half the herbs. Season and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Peel the garlic and mash with a fork in a bowl. Add the mayo, remaining chives, most of the remaining parsley and the lemon zest, then mix. Season.
- Heat a griddle pan until hot. Cook the pork chops for 5-6 minutes on each side, pouring over the leftover marinade just before turning. Rest the chops for 5-10 minutes, covered in foil.
- Sprinkle the remaining parsley over the roasted veg and serve with the chops, resting juices and mayo.
See more Pork recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.
As part of a healthy balanced diet, we recommend this recipe for a special occasion or treat.