Roasted gnocchi and leek bake recipe
This easy gnocchi recipe makes a fab midweek dinner for two. The fluffy potato pillows are coated in a creamy sauce studded with soft mushrooms and leeks, and topped with breadcrumbs and Parmesan. Dig in! See method
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g leeks, trimmed and finely sliced
- 125g chestnut mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 2 tsp picked thyme leaves
- 400g gnocchi
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 50ml double cream
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 40g finely grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
- green salad, to serve (optional)
If you don't have any leeks, try using spring or white onions instead
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, 180°C fan. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a low-medium heat. Add the leeks and cook gently for 4-5 mins until beginning to soften. Turn the heat up, add the mushrooms and cook for a further 4-5 mins until golden. Stir in the garlic and thyme and cook for a final minute until fragrant. Season to taste and transfer to a medium-sized baking dish.
- Meanwhile, boil the gnocchi in a large pan of lightly salted water for 2 mins. Drain and add the gnocchi to the baking dish along with the stock, cream, lemon juice and half the Parmesan. Stir to combine and season to taste. Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and the remaining Parmesan and bake for 15-20 mins until the edges are bubbling and the top is crisp and golden.
- Serve with a crisp green salad, if you like.
See more Recipes for two
Tip: You can swap the double cream for half fat crème fraîche and use any fresh herbs you have to hand - rosemary or chives would work well.