Salted caramel truffles recipe
These vegan truffles make the perfect sweet treat, edible gift or alternative Easter eggs. Chocolate ganache is simple to make and forms the creamy base of these decadent truffles, whilst a touch of salted caramel makes them extra special. See method
- 200ml spring or filtered water
- 250g Tesco Finest Swiss 85% dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp salted caramel flavour, from a 60ml bottle
- 100g cocoa powder
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Bring the water to the boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from the heat, add the chocolate and whisk to form a smooth ganache. Stir in the salted caramel flavour. Leave to cool for 30 mins, then cover and transfer to the fridge to chill for 2 hrs or until firm but not hard (check every 20 mins after the first 1 hr, as fridge temperatures differ).
- Generously dust a tray and your hands with cocoa powder. Using 2 teaspoons, spoon small balls (about 1 tsp in size) of the ganache mixture and roll into smooth balls in your hands. Roll each truffle on the tray to coat in cocoa powder. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Tip: For a flavour twist, instead of the spring water try adding almond or coocnut milk, coffee or freshly squeezed orange juice.
Freezing and defrosting guidelines (uncoated truffles)
In order to enjoy optimum flavour and quality, frozen items are best used within 3 months of their freezing date. For more tips on freezing and defrosting food, read our article Love Your Freezer.
See more Easter recipes