Strawberry heart truffles recipe
These gorgeous white chocolate hearts are filled with freeze-dried strawberries, perfect for a Valentine's Day sweet treat or a Mother’s Day gift. They also happen to be gluten-free, ideal for those with dietary requirements. You can make these ahead of time and they’ll store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. See method
- 2 x 100g bags white chocolate chips
- 80g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 120g icing sugar, sifted
- 3-4 drops pink gel food colour
- 9g freeze-dried strawberries, chopped
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Line an 18cm square, shallow cake tin with nonstick baking paper. Put the white chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter and icing sugar until smooth and creamy. Add enough pink food colour to get a shade you like. Fold through the melted white chocolate. Spread into the lined tin. Chill for 2 hrs until firm.
- Remove from the fridge, lift out of the tin and put onto a board. Using a small heart-shaped cutter, stamp out approximately 20 hearts from the mixture. Transfer to a tray and scatter over the chopped freeze- dried strawberries, pressing into the hearts so that they are firmly attached.
- Put the tray in the fridge to chill for a further 2 hrs and then put into pretty bags or boxes to gift. They will keep for up to 2 weeks.
See more Mother's Day edible gift ideas
Freezing and defrosting guidelines
In order to enjoy optimum flavour and quality, frozen items are best used within 3 months of their freezing date. For more tips on freezing and defrosting food, read our article Love Your Freezer.