How to make kebabs in a juice carton
Prep time 20 mins
Total time 30 mins
1 tbsp piri piri seasoning
1 lemon, zested and juiced
2 large garlic cloves, finely crushed
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp clear honey, plus extra to drizzle
15g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
225g pack halloumi, cut into 5mm slices
2 mixed peppers, cut into 4 long slices
1 aubergine, cut into 5mm rectangles
You will also need a washed and dried 1ltr juice carton and 4 metal or wooden skewers.
1. If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 1 hr to help prevent them from burning.
2. In a large bowl, mix the piri piri seasoning, lemon zest and juice, garlic, oil, honey and half the coriander until well combined. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and gently toss until evenly coated in the marinade. Set aside.
3. Put the carton on a chopping board and, with a sharp serrated knife, cut the lid off.
4. Stack the marinated ingredients into the carton, building it up to the top.
5. Press down to compress, then pierce 4 skewers through the layers into each quarter of the carton. Save any remaining marinade in the bottom of the bowl.
6. Prepare the BBQ to a medium heat, or heat the grill to high.
7. Tip the carton upside down and gently remove the kebab, pulling with the skewers. Cut into 4 equal kebabs. Brush with the remaining marinade and grill for 3-4 mins each side until evenly golden and lightly charred.
8. Serve drizzled with a little honey and sprinkled with the remaining coriander.