Wednesday: Spring greens and butter bean pot pie
2 tbsp olive oil
1 leek, washed, trimmed and sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3 tbsp plain flour
1 vegetable stock pot, made up to 600ml
450g baby potatoes, halved if large
400g tin butter beans, rinsed and drained
200g frozen peas
200g fresh greens, washed and sliced, thick stalks removed
4 tsp red wine vinegar
375g pack lighter puff pastry
25g pitted black olives, finely chopped
10g fresh parsley, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C. Heat ½ tbsp oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and fry the leek for 3-4 mins to soften. Add the garlic, fry for 1 min, then stir in the flour until it's incorporated. Slowly whisk in the stock to make a smooth sauce.
2. Meanwhile, boil the potatoes for 12-15 mins until tender; drain and set aside to steam-dry.
3. Stir the beans, peas, greens and 2 tsp vinegar into the sauce. Bring to a simmer to defrost the peas and wilt the greens; season. Transfer to an ovenproof pie or baking dish (about 20 x 25cm).
4. Unroll the pastry and place over the pie dish. Use water to seal the dish, then crimp the edges. Trim any excess from the sides and use to decorate the pie (stick on with a little water). Make a hole in the centre with a sharp knife tip. Bake for 20-25 mins until golden and puffed.
5. Meanwhile, put the potatoes on a baking tray and crush to flatten slightly. Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil, season with pepper, then roast for 15-20 mins until crispy. Mix the olives, parsley, ½ tbsp oil and 2 tsp vinegar in a bowl. Spoon over the potatoes and serve with the pie.