Vegan vegetable curry
This vegan vegetable curry recipe is sure to brighten up any mealtime with its tasty combination of warming spices and vegetables, including aubergine, courgette, spinach and peas. Allow this to bubble away on the hob for a delicious weekend curry or a healthy midweek meal when you need a boost of colour.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 7 mins until starting to soften. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for a further 3 mins then stir in the chilli and dried spices. Season, then cook for 1 min.
- Add the aubergine along with the chopped tomatoes and stock. Bring to a simmer, cover the pan and cook for 10 mins. Add the courgette and cook for 25 mins, taking the lid off for the final 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice to pack instructions.
- Once the sauce has thickened and the vegetables are tender, stir through the spinach and peas. Allow to heat through for 3-4 mins so that the spinach has wilted and the peas are tender.
- Season to taste, then serve with the cooked rice and a scattering of coriander.
Tip: We’ve left the seeds in the red chilli to give this curry a nice touch of heat, but if you prefer it less spicy, simply deseed the chilli before chopping.
See more See more vegan meal ideas
View full recipe details