Pork and fennel meatballs with tagliatelle
A true Italian classic, it really is hard to beat juicy pork meatballs, tender tagliatelle and a generous helping of Parmesan. If you've enough for leftovers, make sure to check out our spicy meatball subs
- Combine the mince, onion, carrot, celery, fennel seeds, chillies, breadcrumbs and egg in a mixing bowl; season well.
- Roll heaped teaspoons of the mixture into 40 balls. Transfer to a baking sheet and chill for 10 mins.
- Heat the oil in a large, lidded pan over a medium heat. Fry the meatballs in batches for 8-10 mins until golden. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the passata, then cover and simmer for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta to pack instructions. Drain and divide between 4 bowls.
- Set aside half the meatballs for the subs. Spoon the remaining meatballs over the pasta, then scatter with parsley. Top with Parmesan, if you like.
Freezing and defrosting guidelines
In order to enjoy optimum flavour and quality, frozen items are best used within 3 months of their freezing date. For more tips on freezing and defrosting food, read our article Love Your Freezer.
See more Pork recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.
View full recipe details