Baked chorizo orzo with white fish
This stylish baked chorizo and white fish orzo makes a great midweek meal or simple dinner party dish. An easy one-pot meal, the tender white fish cooks on top of a rich orzo stew filled with peppers, spinach and spicy chorizo.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
- Heat the oil in a shallow ovenproof casserole dish over a high heat. Add the chorizo, onion, garlic and peppers and fry for 5 mins until the chorizo is starting to crisp.
- Place the spinach in a sieve and squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Add half the parsley, the orzo, tinned tomato, spinach and 800ml boiling water to the pan and stir to combine. Bring to the boil and simmer for 3 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Top the orzo with the fillets of fish so they are slightly covered and bake in the oven for 20-25 mins until the fish is cooked throughout.
- Serve topped with the remaining parsley.
See more Fish recipes
View full recipe details