An unconventional but brilliant way to use up leftover roast ham, these pancakes are wonderfully simple to prepare and will be incredibly appealing to children. Pair with a hot drink for a splendid treat.
- Using a hand blender, combine all the pancake ingredients together with only 25g (1oz) of the melted butter. If you don't have a hand blender, simply mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl and the wet ingredients in a measuring jug. Slowly combine the wet ingredients into the dry until you are left with a smooth consistency. Ensure the mixture is lump-free before moving on to the next step
- Pass the mixture through a fine sieve and keep aside
- Place a non-stick frying pan over a moderate heat and add a little melted butter. Spoon the mixture into the middle of the pan so the mixture is approximately 1 cm high and 5 cm wide
- Cook the pancakes until golden brown on one side and then flip them over with a spatula to cook the other side
- When golden brown on both sides, remove the pancakes from the frying pan and place onto plates.
- Lay some of the leftover ham on top of each pancake and drizzle with maple syrup.
See more Breakfast recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.