This rarebit recipe is so simple it can be cooked in under 20 minutes. You can also double the quantities of the cheese mix and freeze ahead of inviting friends and family over.
- Put the cream cheese and the yolk in a bowl and mix together. This step is pretty straightforward for the kids to do – let them stir together the egg yolk and cream cheese before adding the seasoning.
- Add the grated Cheddar and chopped chives and mix thoroughly.
- Slice the baguette into 3cm slices – cut them at an angle so you get more surface. Preheat a grill and grill the slices for about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown depending on the power of your grill.
- Place a slice of the tomato on each slice of toasted baguette, hand a dessert spoon to the little ones and let them spread the rarebit mixture over the lightly toasted baguette slices.
- The rarebits should be cooked under a hot grill until golden brown and bubbling. This will take 2-4 minutes. Serve straight-away.
See all Cheese recipes
For best results, use the frozen cheese mix within 1 month.