Perfect as part of a Mexican sharing feast, these mouthwatering tacos feature succulent shredded pork, braised in tequila-flavoured beer for an extra authentic kick.
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. In a bowl, rehydrate the chilli by covering with boiled water. Set aside for 10 mins, then roughly chop.
- Remove the string from the pork and unroll. Mix the paprika, oregano and 1 tsp salt, then rub over the pork thoroughly. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the pork and brown both sides.
- Transfer the pork to a large roasting tin. Add the garlic, chilli, white onion, beer and orange juice. Bring to the boil, cover and cook in the oven for 2½-3 hours, basting every 40 mins. Uncover for the final 30 mins. The pork should be very tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the red onion with the lime juice and a pinch of salt and set aside for 20 mins. Drain.
- Remove the pork, discard the skin, fat and chilli, then shred into small pieces. Coat in the cooking juices, then serve in the warmed tortillas with the pickled onion, coriander, radishes, jalapeños, soured cream and lime wedges.
See more Pork recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.