Tesco Finest cheese gougères recipe
These cheese gougères are the perfect party canapé but are so easy and delicious, you may just want to make a batch for yourself. See method
- 75g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 100g Tesco Finest plain flour, sifted
- 4 eggs
- 150g Tesco Finest Reserve Swiss Gruyère, coarsely grated
- 1/4tsp cayenne pepper
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
- Pour 250ml (8fl oz) of water into a medium sized pan, add the butter and salt and bring to the boil. When it is just simmering, remove from the heat and quickly tip in the flour and beat together with a whisk until the mix is coming away from the sides of the pan and forming a ball.
- Leave to cool for 3 minutes and then beat in the eggs one at a time until they are all incorporated. Whisk in the grated cheese, cayenne pepper and freshly ground black pepper.
- Then place walnut-sized spoonfuls of the mixture well spaced apart onto a baking sheet lined with nonstick baking paper.
- Dip your finger in cold water and press lightly to remove any pointy bits on each ball.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and puffed up, remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack while you repeat to make another batch. Serve warm.
See more Canapé recipes