Creamy red pepper and chicken pasta recipe
You can’t go wrong with a quick pasta dinner. Roast chicken thighs and red peppers with smoky paprika, then toss with penne and a creamy tomato mascarpone sauce – top with Cheddar for easy comfort food. See method
- 600g pack chicken thigh fillets
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 320g Hearty Food Co. penne
- 500g jar tomato & mascarpone pasta sauce
- 50g medium Cheddar, grated
- 30g fresh basil, leaves picked
If you haven't got penne, try using fusilli or another short pasta
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper and add the chicken thighs and peppers. Drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle over the paprika and season. Roast for 30-35 mins, until the chicken is completely cooked through and the peppers are softened.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the penne. Cook for 8 mins, then drain and return to the empty pan.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and shred using 2 forks. Add to the pasta along with the peppers, tomato & mascarpone sauce, most of the cheese and most of the basil. Heat the mixture for 1-2 mins over a medium heat until warmed through.
- Divide the pasta between 4 bowls. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and basil over before serving.
See more Chicken pasta recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.