Gingerbread latte puddings recipe
For an easy Christmas dessert idea that's packed with festive flavour, try this individual gingerbread latte puddings recipe. A rich and creamy spiced custard gets a boost from gingerbread liqueur, topped with soft whipped cream. See method
- 100g soft dark brown sugar
- 60g cornflour
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- 500ml whole milk
- 20g salted butter, melted
- 80g white chocolate
- 100ml gingerbread latte cream liqueur
- 250ml whipping cream
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- In a saucepan, mix together the cornflour, sugar and spices. Pour over the milk and add the butter. Place over a low heat and gently heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture has thickened and is smooth - being careful not to let the mixture catch on the bottom of the pan. Remove from the heat and stir in the white chocolate until melted. Stir in the liqueur until well combined.
- Working quickly, divide the mixture between 4 serving glasses. Press a square of clingfilm into the surface of each to stop a skin forming. Allow to cool then chill for 1 hour or until set.
- To serve, whisk the cream to soft peaks. Remove the clingfilm from the puddings and top each one with a spoonful of whipped cream. Sprinkle over a little mixed spice and serve.
See more Christmas desserts