These gluten-free oat biscuits are deliciously crunchy and will keep well in an airtight container for two weeks. To make these crumbly biscuits even better you could also add in little chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add the creamed butter and sugar to the dry ingredients. Mix together until thoroughly combined, using your hands to compress and bring the dough together into a ball. This may take a minute or two.
- Place the ball on a lightly floured sheet of greaseproof paper and flatten with your hands. Place another sheet of greaseproof paper on top and roll between the sheets to 5mm (1/4 in) thickness. Stamp out individual cookie shapes of your choice and transfer to a lined baking sheet with at least 3.5cm (1 1/2 in) between each cookie.
- Bake for 9-11 mins, until the cookies are golden. Remove, leave to cool for a few minutes then transfer to a cooling wrack and leave to cool.
Gluten-free cooking tip: Xantham gum aids in gluten-free baking making them less crumbly and makes gluten-free pastry easier to roll and handle. It's available in specialist health food stores and in some supermarkets.
See more Gluten-free recipes