A virtuous supper of simple griddled chicken breast served alongside a broccoli, courgetti, almond and raisin salad. This fuss-free and delicious family meal is ready in just 30 minutes.
- To make the salad, cook the broccoli and garlic in a pan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes, until the broccoli is al dente. Drain and cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sandwich each chicken breast between 2 sheets of clingfilm on a chopping board. Using a rolling pin, bash until flattened to about 1/2cm (1/4in) thick. Rub with the olive oil, sprinkle with the lemon zest and thyme or chilli. Season well.
- To make the dressing, whisk the lemon juice, oil and sugar in a bowl with some seasoning.
- Put the broccoli, garlic, almonds, raisins and courgette in a bowl. Pour over the dressing and toss to coat; set aside until needed.
- Heat a griddle pan on the hob. Add the chicken and griddle for 3-4 minutes on each side, until cooked through with no pink meat showing. Serve the chicken with the courgetti.
See more Quick and healthy recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home and view the full Food safety at home video.