Lemony prawn pasta recipe
Lemon zest, chives and soft cheese form the base of the simple sauce used in this lemony prawn pasta recipe. Rich lashings of that citrussy sauce coat each al dente tube of penne; cooked and peeled prawns mean there's no faff in the preparation either. See method
- 400g penne
- 2 Redmere Farms courgettes, chopped
- 200g cooked and peeled prawns
- grated rind of 1 Suntrail Farms lemon
- ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 200g soft cheese
If you haven't got penne, try using fusilli or another short pasta
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Cook the pasta and courgette for 10-12 minutes until tender. Meanwhile, put the soft cheese in a small pan and add 3 tbsp of water. Stir over a low heat until the cheese has melted.
- Add the prawns to the cheese sauce and gently heat for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the lemon rind and season.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan. Gently stir through the prawn sauce and serve immediately. Top with a sprinkle of chives.
See more Pasta recipes