A spicy take on the classic lasagne, this Mexican version uses soft tortillas in place of pasta. This south-of-the-border twist is loaded with salsa, enchilada sauce, chillies and beans.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, 180° fan.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil and fry the onion on low for 10 mins and until soft. Add the garlic, peppers, green chilli and spices and keep cooking on low for another 15 mins.
- When the mixture is soft, add the spinach to wilt down, then add the sweetcorn and beans. Season well with 1 tsp of salt and pepper.
- Layer up the lasagne in a medium size baking dish. Start with the bean mixture and top with a little salsa, followed by 2-3 tortilla wraps depending on the size of the dish. Keep layering up until all the ingredients are used up.
- Top with the cheese and bake in the oven for 30 mins until the cheese is bubbling and golden. Serve immediately.
Freezing and defrosting guidelines
In order to enjoy optimum flavour and quality, frozen items are best used within 3 months of their freezing date. For more tips on freezing and defrosting food, read our article Love Your Freezer.
See more Vegetarian recipes