Nectarine Bakewell traybake recipe
Try this summer twist on a classic Bakewell tart for a pretty dessert that is perfect for packing up and taking on picnics. This easy traybake makes the most of seasonal stone fruit with juicy nectarines topping the soft almond frangipane. Melting chunks of chopped marzipan add extra rich almond flavour to this crowd-pleasing dessert. See method
- 150g plain flour
- 75g ground almonds
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 200g butter, softened
- 175g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 ripe but firm nectarines, stoned, 1 finely chopped, 3 halved
- 150g golden marzipan, chopped
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
Hand picked for a refreshing burst of sweet flavour
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the oven to gas 5, 190°C, fan 170°C. Line a 20 x 30cm tin with nonstick baking paper.
- Mix the flour, ground almonds and baking powder in a bowl. Put the butter in a separate large bowl and beat with an electric whisk for 2 mins to soften. Add the sugar and continue to whisk for 3 mins.
- Add 1 egg with a spoonful of the flour mix and continue to beat on a slow speed. Repeat in batches to use the remaining eggs and spoonfuls of the flour mix. Fold in the chopped nectarine and the marzipan. Pour the mixture into the lined tin and level the top with a palette knife.
- Cut the nectarine halves into 1cm slices and arrange in lines along the batter. Sprinkle over the almonds.
- Bake for 40 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin then slice into 12 squares. Will keep in an airtight container for 2 days.
See more Dessert recipes