Enjoy this season’s freshest passion fruit with this easy-bake, self-saucing pudding; juicy and tempting.
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Lightly grease a 1 litre (1 3/4pt) ovenproof dish with butter. Set aside.
- Using an electric whisk, beat the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl, until well combined. Add the eggyolks, one at a time, followed by the lemon zest. Sift in the flour and continue mixing, until incorporated. Stir through the lemon juice, milk and passion fruit pulp. Leave to stand for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg whites in a separate, dry bowl, until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the passion fruit mixture, until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish. Carefully transfer the pudding dish to a large roasting tin and fill with enough boiling water to cover the bottom one-third of the pudding dish. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the centre of the pudding is just cooked.
- Dust the pudding with icing sugar before spooning into bowls, making sure each serving gets a drizzle of the sauce from the bottom of the dish.
See more Seasonal recipes