Pavlova crown recipe
Looking for a delicious dessert fit for a bank holiday weekend? Look no further than this stunning Pavlova crown recipe. With its golden meringue shells and jewel-like blueberry and cherry topping, it's a true showstopper. See method
- 300g blueberries
- 100g caster sugar
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 7 Tesco Finest meringue shells (from a box of 12)
- gold glitter spray
- 25g white chocolate, melted
- 7 milk chocolate gold pearls
- 8-pack meringue nests
- 400ml whipping cream, whipped
- 100g cherries, halved and stoned
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Put 150g blueberries in a small saucepan with the sugar and lemon juice. Heat gently, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins until the blueberries have burst and the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat, leave for 15 mins to cool slightly, then strain through a sieve (discard the pulp). Leave to cool completely, then transfer to a jug. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray the meringue shells with the gold glitter spray. Working on one at a time, dip the base of one of the gold pearls in the melted chocolate, then stick on top of one of the meringue shells; hold for a few secs to secure. Leave to set completely. Repeat with the remaining gold pearls and meringue shells; set aside.
- Arrange 6 of the meringue nests in a circle on a large plate or serving platter. Put an additional meringue nest in the centre of the circle.
- Whip the cream to medium-stiff peaks, set aside 2 tbsp, then use the remainder to top each nest with 2-3 dessertspoonfuls of cream. Put the remaining meringue nest on top of the centre nest. Spoon the remaining cream to completely cover the centre meringue nest and fill the gaps where the meringue nests touch to create one big Pavlova.
- Halve 6 blueberries and gently press onto the cream around the outside. Pile the rest of the blueberries into the centre of the Pavlova, then enclose them in a ring of cherry halves.
- Spread the underside of the prepared gold meringue shells with a little of the reserved cream, then use 6 to top each outer meringue nest. Place the remaining gold meringue shell in the centre, on top of the blueberries.
- Spray the whole dessert with a little more glitter spray, then drizzle with the blueberry sauce. To serve, divide into 8 portions, with any extra sauce on the side.
See more Gluten-free dessert recipes