Gluten-free baked vanilla cheesecake
There is nothing quite like the creamy goodness of a baked cheesecake, and with the base being gluten-free it’s the ideal dessert. Made with almonds and oatcakes instead of the typical biscuit base this recipe is the perfect alternative.
- Preheat oven to gas 3, 170°C, fan 150°C.
- Grease the side of a 20cm (8in) high-sided springform tin with the sunflower oil.
- Place the almonds, oat cakes, dates, melted butter, sugar and a pinch of salt in a food processor and blitz until it is fine and sticks together when pressed between your fingers. Press very firmly into the tin so you have a flat, even and smooth base.
- In a large bowl beat together the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and vanilla extract. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well to fully combine. Pour the mixture onto the base and smooth out. Place in the centre of the oven and bake for about 1 hr, until the top is slightly browned and just set with a little wobble in the middle. Once cool, refrigerate for at least 1 hr prior to serving.
- Remove the tin, slide the cheesecake onto a plate and serve with some fresh berries if liked.
See more Gluten-free recipes
View full recipe details