Scallops, prawns and pancetta with beurre blanc recipe
For a restaurant-worthy dish at home, add a splash of sparkling Franciacorta to a classic butter sauce for this delicate seafood main of tender scallops, prawns and crisp pancetta. With Tesco Finest ingredients, fine dining is easier than you think. See method
- 4 slices Tesco Finest smoked pancetta
- ½ Tesco Finest echalion shallot, finely diced
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 100ml Tesco Finest Franciacorta
- 75g unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 12 Tesco Finest large scallops, defrosted
- 150g pack Tesco Finest cooked jumbo king prawns
- 2 tbsp Tesco Finest cold press rapeseed oil
- ½ x 85g pack Tesco Finest hot rocket and mustard leaf salad
- Tesco Finest Tellicherry black pepper, to season
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the grill to high. Place the pancetta slices on the grill rack and cook for 5 mins or until crisp. Set aside on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- For the beurre blanc, add the shallot, vinegar and Franciacorta to a small pan over a high heat. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 3-5 mins or until the liquid has reduced by two-thirds. Remove from the heat.
- Gradually whisk in the butter a cube at a time, whisking until melted into the sauce before adding the next. If the sauce becomes too cool to melt the butter, place the pan back on a low heat. Season, cover and set aside.
- Place a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Pat the scallops and prawns dry with kitchen paper. Add to a bowl with the oil and some seasoning and toss to coat. Once the pan is hot, add the scallops and sear on one side for 2-3 mins until golden, taking care not to move the scallops in the pan. Once you can see that the bottom quarter of the scallops has turned white and opaque, turn over and cook on the other side. When ready, the top and underside should be golden and caramelised, but the very middle should still be pale. Set aside. Add the prawns to the pan; cook for 1 min until heated through.
- To serve, add a few salad leaves to each plate and arrange the scallops and prawns on top. Drizzle over the beurre blanc and top with the crispy pancetta, broken into shards. Season with pepper to taste.
For a smooth sauce, simply strain to remove the shallot before serving.