Sesame seed bread sticks recipe
- 250g strong gluten free dove flour
- 1 x 7g sachet Allinson easy bake yeast
- pinch sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp sesame seeds
- Place the yeast, 150ml warm water and sugar in a bowl. Mix well and leave to stand for 5–10 minutes or until the yeast starts to foam. Add the salt and flour and mix in a food processor using a dough hook if available until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead it in to a large ball.
- Tear a lump the size of a walnut from the ball of dough. Roll it lightly into a small sausage shape. Repeat until all the dough is used up. There should be approximately 30 pieces
- Line a large baking tray with baking parchment paper. Sprinkle the surface with sesame and black onion seeds. Roll out each piece of dough into a long strand about 1cm thick dusting it in the sesame and black onion seeds. Transfer to the lined baking tray. Repeat with the remaining dough taking care that they are all about same thickness and length. Cover the bread sticks with a damp cloth and leave to rise in a warm place for 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, 400°C. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Turn the bread sticks over and return to the oven for a further 7-8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack, then store in an airtight tin.
See more Bread recipes