Perfect for breakfast on-the-go, these zingy, flavoursome muffins contain honey instead of sugar and are packed full of seeds, oats and fresh blueberries.
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C.
- Line all 12 holes of a muffin tin with paper muffin cases. Mix together the eggs, buttermilk, oil, apple sauce, mashed banana, honey, vanilla and lemon zest with a pinch of salt until well combined.
- Tip the 50g of oats, flour, poppy seeds, blueberries, ginger and bicarbonate of soda into another bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix briefly until you have a smooth batter, being careful not to over-mix as this will make the muffins heavy.
- Divide the batter between the cases. Sprinkle with the extra oats and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the muffins are golden and a skewer comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- The muffins will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
See more Breakfast recipes