Monday: Sweet potato and cheese pancakes
1 Redmere Farms sweet potato, scrubbed and cut into chunks
500g Redmere Farms potatoes, scrubbed and cut into chunks
3 tbsp olive oil
2 Redmere Farms red onions, diced
4 garlic cloves, crushed
½ lemon, juiced
50g plain flour
120g Creamfield’s Greek-style salad cheese
1 Nightingale Farms round lettuce, shredded
125g baby spinach
250g pack Nightingale Farms cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Boil the sweet and white potatoes for 10-12 mins, or until tender. Drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat ½ tbsp oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and three-quarters of the garlic and cook for 10 mins until softened. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
3. Put the remaining garlic in a small bowl with the lemon juice and set aside.
4. Transfer the potatoes to the mixing bowl with the onions and mash roughly. In a separate small bowl, mix the flour with 80ml water and stir to make a batter; add to the potatoes. Crumble in the cheese, season and mix.
5. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Spoon 3 tbsp mixture per pancake into the pan, working in batches as needed. Cook for 5 mins each side until browned. Add another ½ tbsp oil if needed.
6. Toss together the lettuce, spinach and tomatoes. Whisk 1 tbsp oil into the lemon juice and garlic mix, then drizzle over the salad and toss to coat. Serve with the pancakes.