Tortellini vegetable soup
Make a packet of pasta go further with this colourful tortellini vegetable soup. A creamy tomato soup is filled with spinach, sweet red peppers and cheesy pasta for a hearty and healthy one-pot meal.
- Heat the oil in a large deep saucepan and add the red pepper. Fry over a high heat for 5 mins to soften, then remove and set aside.
- Add the onion, carrots and celery to the pan. Cook for 10 mins until softened, stirring regularly. Add the garlic and cook for 2 mins.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and 400ml water. Season well and simmer for 10 mins.
- Remove from the heat and use a hand blender to blitz until smooth.
- Stir in the crème fraîche, tortelloni, spinach, cooked red pepper and most of the chopped basil. Bring the soup to a simmer and cook for 5 mins until the pasta is tender and the spinach has wilted.
- Season the soup to taste and top with the cheese and remaining basil.
See more Soup recipes
View full recipe details