Frozen yogurt is such a refreshing treat, it makes this the perfect snack or dessert for a warm spring or summer’s day. Don’t worry if you haven’t got time to freeze it though – just make the flapjacks and serve with yogurt or cream from the fridge.
- Bring 100ml of cold water and sugar to the boil in a pan, constantly stirring until dissolved to form a clear syrup. Pour into a bowl and leave to cool. Be very careful with children around as hot sugar can cause serious burns.
- Mix together the honey, yogurt and crème fraîche in a bowl. Whisk in the syrup and pass through a sieve into a plastic bowl or Tupperware. Place in the freezer.
- Get the kids to stir the yogurt thoroughly with a large metal spoon every half an hour until frozen (approximately 3 hours).
- Preheat the oven to gas 3, 170°C, fan 150°C. Line a baking tray with nonstick baking paper.
- Moving on to the flapjacks, melt the butter, honey and sugar together in a medium pan.
- Add the oats, orange and salt to the pan.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray and use a spatula to press flat into the edges.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Turn out and cut into squares on a chopping board – the kids should be able to do this with a blunt knife.
- Add a chunk of flapjack to each bowl and top with a dollop of the frozen yogurt. Serve immediately.
See more Baking with kids recipes