American pancakes recipe
Classic American pancakes are stacked tall, fluffy and best served with a drizzle of maple syrup. This easy recipe ticks all those boxes - perfect for Pancake Day or a weekend brunch treat. See method
- 350ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 200g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- vegetable oil, for frying
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Whisk the milk and eggs in a jug, then set aside. Sieve the flour and the baking powder into a bowl, add a pinch of salt, the sugar and combine. Make a well in the centre and gradually pour in the milk and egg mixture. Beat well.
- Brush a nonstick frying pan with a little vegetable oil and place over a medium heat. When the pan is hot, pour half a ladle of batter into the pan to form a pancake that is approx 10cm in diameter.
- Cook until bubbles start to form, then flip the pancake over and cook the other side until golden.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup, if you like.
See more Breakfast recipes