These star fishcakes are a wonderfully creative way to use up leftover mash and salmon. Better yet, you can easily create an underwater scene from the greens to set your little starfish in.
- Combine all of the salmon star ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a floured work surface and flatten to a thickness of 2.5cm. Give the kids a large star cutter and get them to cut the mix into star shapes. Gather any off cuts together and use to make more salmon stars.
- Add some more breadcrumbs to the salmon stars, melt the butter and allow your little helpers to brush it over the fishcakes.
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C.
- Transfer to a lightly greased baking tray and bake for 8 minutes, flipping them over halfway through.
- To prepare the ‘sea vegetables’, chop the pak choi in half lengthways and set aside. Cut out any tough or thick stems from the kale and top and tail the green beans. Blanche all of the vegetables in salted boiling water for 3 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Combine the lemon juice, soy sauce and olive oil in a bowl and lightly whisk, then drizzle over the steamed greens and mix.
- When the star fishcakes are cooked, arrange on plates with the steamed greens and serve.
See more Easy recipes for kids