This stylish vegetarian dinner combines smoky, griddled aubergine slices, rolled up and stuffed with halloumi and basil and baked until soft, with spicy harrisa chickpeas and a creamy tahini dressing that brings all the flavours together beautifully.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Put the chickpeas in a baking dish and toss with the harissa and oil; season. Roast for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat a griddle pan. Brush the aubergine slices on both sides with a little oil; season. Griddle in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side until charred and cooked through. Set aside until needed.
- To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl; season.
- Griddle the halloumi for 1-2 minutes on each side. Squeeze over a little lemon juice. Put 2 halloumi pieces and 2 basil leaves on each slice of aubergine and roll it up. Arrange on a roasting tray and bake for 5 minutes.
- Toss the salad leaves with the tomatoes and roasted chickpeas. Top with the aubergine rolls. Serve with the dressing and extra lemon wedges for squeezing over.
See more Vegetarian recipes