A perfect flavour combination, this wholesome salad of barley, courgette and grilled halloumi has a minty kick and makes a delicious lunch or barbecue side.
- Cook the barley in a pan of boiling water following the packet instructions. Drain well and set aside to cool a little.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Put the oil and lemon juice in a small jar with a little seasoning; shake well.
- Tip the barley into a serving bowl and stir through the olive oil. Add the shallots, lemon zest, tomatoes, courgette and mint; season well. Pour the dressing over and toss to combine.
- Barbecue the halloumi for 1-2 minutes on each side, until char marks appear.
- Arrange the halloumi over the salad and garnish with the extra mint leaves.
See more Barbecue recipes