Bolognese pasta bake recipe
Spaghetti Bolognese is a timeless family favourite - make it even better with this hearty Bolognese pasta bake recipe. With plenty of hidden veg and a melting cheese topping, this baked pasta with mince is the perfect wallet-friendly way to feed the whole family. You could even use leftover Bolognese to make it speedier! See method
If you don't have mince, cut open some sausages instead
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the pasta shells for 10-12 mins until al dente.
- Add 1 tsp oil to a large frying pan and set over a high heat. Add the mince and fry for 5 mins until browned; you may need to do this in batches. Once browned, remove the mince from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots and mushrooms to the empty pan. Cook over a medium heat for 10 mins until the veg is beginning to soften.
- Return the mince to the pan and pour over the pasta sauce. Season and simmer for 5 mins until the sauce is heated through. Tip in the cooked pasta and stir to combine.
- Tip the mixture into a large baking dish. Scatter with grated Cheddar and bake for 20-25 mins until golden.
See more Pasta recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.