For an easy Christmas dessert to feed a crowd, try this tasty chocolate and caramel ice cream bundt recipe which has gooey caramel and peanut chunks rippled through nougat ice cream. Ideal for making ahead, it can be stashed in the freezer and decorated before serving.
See more Christmas Dessert recipes
- Roughly chop 5 of the caramels and tip into a heatproof bowl with 300ml of the cream. Place over a pan of just-simmering water and melt, stirring occasionally. Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, line a 2ltr (26cm) bundt tin with cling film, allowing the excess to hang over the sides so that the bundt is easier to remove later.
- Finely chop 2 more of the caramels and roughly chop the peanut cookies. Put the remaining cream in a bowl and whisk until thickened and soft peaks form. Gently fold the condensed milk, chopped caramels, cookies and cooled nougat cream into the whipped cream.
- Pour into the tin, then tap it on a surface a few times to level the cream and remove any bubbles. Cover with cling film and freeze overnight.
- About 25 mins before serving, make the chocolate decoration, if using. Melt the white chocolate, then pour onto a metal baking tray and spread out to an even layer about 2mm thick. Chill for 15 mins until just set. Run a vegetable peeler over the surface to make thick curls.
- Melt the dark chocolate, then cool until slightly thickened. Roughly chop the remaining caramel.
- Use the cling film to help remove the bundt from the tin, then turn out onto a serving plate and remove the film. Drizzle over most of the melted chocolate so that it drips down the sides. Top with the white chocolate curls (if using), chopped caramel and the remaining melted chocolate. Serve immediately.