Chocolate mini roll sheet cake recipe
Got a seriously sweet tooth? This chocolate mini roll sheet cake is the recipe you need – with soft chocolate mini rolls covered in white chocolate and marshmallows, topped with a white chocolate swirl. Perfect for picnics or an afternoon treat. See method
- 400g white chocolate
- 12 mini rolls
- 50g mini marshmallows
- 150g milk chocolate
- 40g white chocolate stars, to decorate
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- In a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt 380g of the white chocolate, reserving 20g for later.
- While the chocolate is melting, arrange the mini rolls in the tin so there are 3 rows of 4 mini rolls. Fill the gaps between the rolls with mini marshmallows.
- Once the chocolate is melted, pour over the tin to cover the mini rolls and marshmallows, making sure all 4 sides of the tin are covered as these will be the sides of your cake. (Don’t worry if it doesn’t create a totally flat layer of chocolate on the top – you will be adding more later.) Place in the fridge to set for 1 hr.
- After 1 hr, remove the tin from the fridge and melt the milk chocolate over a pan of simmering water. Take off the heat and allow to cool slightly while melting the reserved 20g white chocolate.
- Pour the milk chocolate over the tin to create a milk chocolate layer, then drizzle over the white chocolate. Use a skewer or the end of a teaspoon to create a marble effect by swirling the white chocolate into the milk chocolate. Decorate with white chocolate stars and leave to set in the fridge for at least 20 mins.
- Cut into 12 slices to reveal the swirl of the mini rolls inside.