Chocolate pancakes with berries and yogurt recipe
How to make lacy pancakes even better? Add chocolate! These dark cocoa pancakes are filled with custard, berries and a drizzle of melted chocolate for the ultimate Pancake Day treat. See method
- 100g plain flour
- 15g cocoa
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1tbsp vegetable oil plus extra for frying
- 250ml semi skimmed milk
For the filling
- 170g carton fat free Greek yogurt
- 142g carton readymade longlife custard
- 4tbsp fresh chopped mint
- 175g raspberries
- 225g strawberries, sliced
- 50g dark chocolate
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- To make the pancakes, sift the flour and cocoa into a bowl, add the egg and egg yolk, 1 tablespoon of the oil then gradually whisk in the milk until smooth. Leave to stand for 15 mins.
- For the filling, mix the yogurt, custard and chopped mint together. Mix the berries together in a separate bowl. Melt the chocolate if using to decorate, in a bowl set over a small saucepan of gently simmering water.
- To cook the pancakes, heat a little oil in the base of an 18 cm frying pan, pour the excess out of the pan into a bowl then add 2-3 tablespoons of the pancake batter to the pan. Tilt the pan to swirl the batter over the base in a thin layer then cook until browned on the underside. Turn the pancake over and cook the second side then slide out of pan and keep hot on a plate while you cook the remaining mixture until you have 8 pancakes.
- Fold the pancakes into quarters, spoon in the yogurt mix and berries, arrange in pairs on serving plates and drizzle with melted chocolate, if using. Serve immediately.
See more Berry recipes