A wonderful indulgent celebratory dessert, this chocolate, raspberry and pomegranate pavlova is perfect for entertaining guests and it can even be prepared in advance and assembled just before serving.
- Preheat the oven to gas 1, 140°C, fan 120°C. Line a baking tray with nonstick baking paper.
- For the meringue, place the egg whites into a large food processor with a whisk attachment, and whisk until soft peaks are formed when the whisk is removed from the bowl. Gradually add the sugar and whisk until firm. Gently fold in the cornflour, cocoa powder and vinegar. Spoon the meringue onto the baking tray to make a large nest shape. Place in the oven for 10 minutes and then turn down the heat in the oven to gas 1/4, 120°C, fan 100°C and cook for one hour. Then leave overnight in the oven to cool completely.
- Place the chocolate in a bowl and put on top of a pan of just simmering water. Stir the chocolate until it has melted. Allow the chocolate to cool slightly. Place the yogurt in a bowl and beat in the melted chocolate.
- Place the pavlova on a serving plate.
- Just before serving spoon the chocolate mixture on top of the pavlova and top with raspberries. Scatter over the pomegranate seeds and decorate with a few sprigs of redcurrants.
See more Dairy free recipes