Strawberries and clotted cream are a classic pairing that really screams summer. Usually enjoyed layered on a scone, we've taken these beautiful ingredients and blended them into a indulgent iced treat. Follow this simple ice cream recipe and make your own at home, it's so much easier than you'd think.
- In a pan, whisk together the milk, clotted cream and vanilla extract. Heat until almost boiling, then take off the heat.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and caster sugar until thickened. Pour the hot milk mixture into the eggs, whisking as you go, then pour into a clean pan. Stir over a gentle heat for about 10 minutes, or until you have a thickened custard.
- Pour the custard through a sieve into a freezerproof bowl or plastic container, cover with clingfilm and leave to cool for 30 minutes. Freeze for 2-3 hours, then remove and whisk to break up any ice crystals.
- Return to the freezer for a further 2-3 hours. Meanwhile, in a food processor, whizz the strawberries until nearly smooth. Set aside until needed.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer, mix again, then gently swirl through the strawberry mixture to create a rippled effect. Freeze for 6 hours or until solid.
- Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving, and serve with shortbread biscuits.
See more Dessert recipes
As part of a healthy balanced diet, we recommend this recipe for a special occasion or treat.