Coconut rice crispy ice cream cones recipe
Pep up that box of rice crispies lurking in your cupboard with this fun coconutty recipe. Rice crispies are combined with melted butter, coconut cream, honey and desiccated coconut before being shaped into ice cream scoops and placed in a chocolate dipped cone. See method
- 75g butter
- 5 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g rice crispies
- 40g desiccated coconut
- 6-8 waffle ice cream cones, to serve
- 40g dark chocolate, melted (optional, see tip)
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over a low heat. Add the honey, coconut cream and vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the rice crispies and desiccated coconut.
- Set aside for around 20 mins to cool a little, then tightly pack a portion of the mixture into a sprung ice cream scoop. Slightly dome the ball at the top and gently release; carefully place onto the lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Chill for 30-45 mins to set. Once set, serve in the waffle ice cream cones.
Tip: For an extra treat, dip the rims of the cones in the melted chocolate, add the rice snap balls and put into a mug to set.
See more Easy bakes for kids