Cranberry fool recipe
A simple way to turn leftover cranberries and shortbread biscuits into a delicious dessert. Packed with flavour and texture, an indulgent way to top off a Christmas feast. See method
- 300g cranberries
- 150g caster sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 200ml double cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g 0% fat Greek style yogurt
- 100g all butter shortbread biscuits
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Put the cranberries and half the sugar in a medium saucepan and place over a gentle heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 8-10 mins until the cranberries start to pop. Remove from the heat, stir through the cinnamon and leave to cool.
- Pour the cream into a medium bowl and, using an electric hand whisk, beat in the remaining sugar and the vanilla extract until soft peaks form. Fold through the yogurt.
- Divide half the cream mix between 4 glasses. Spoon over a few tablespoons of cranberries and crumble over half the shortbread. Repeat these layers once more, using the remaining cream and cranberries then serve with the remaining shortbread bites. Serve within 2-3 hrs.
See more Christmas desserts recipes